1. Silicone Lens
- Because silicone lens has high temperature resistance (it can also be reflow soldered), it is commonly used to directly encapsulate LED light-emitting devices and other special applications.
- Generally, silicone lens has a small volume with a diameter of 3-10mm.
- Silicone lens cost is very high.
2. Optical Grade PMMA Lens
- PMMA (polymethyl methacrylate, commonly known as: acrylic).
- High production efficiency (can be completed by injection molding, extrusion); High transmittance (about 93% when the thickness is 3mm);
- Disadvantages: temperature cannot exceed 80° (thermal deformation temperature 92°).
3. Optical Grade PC Lens
- High production efficiency (can be completed by injection molding, extrusion);The light transmittance is slightly lower (about 89% when the thickness is 3mm);
- Temperature cannot exceed 110° (thermal deformation temperature 135°).
4. Optical Glass Lens
- Advantages: rich optical parameter characteristics (optional), with high light transmittance (penetration rate at 3mm thickness of 97%), high temperature resistance characteristics;
- Large size;
- Heavy weight, single shape, fragile;
- Batch production is not easy to achieve, low production efficiency, high cost. Besides brittle faults;